SWISSPORT TANZANIA PLC
Dar es salaam
Swissport Tanzania Plc. (Swissport Tanzania) a subsidiary of Swissport International Ltd, is a leading ground and cargo handling services provider in Tanzania. The Company operates at Julius Nyerere and Kilimanjaro International Airports with its head office located at the first floor of Swissport Freight Terminal at Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA).
Swissport Tanzania, then known as Dar es Salaam Airport Handling Company (DAHACO) started its operations at Julius Nyerere International Airport on 1st October 1985 and extended its operations to Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) in October 1990.
Swissport International Ltd. acquired 51% of Swissport Tanzania (the then DAHACO) shares in year 2000 to become the majority shareholder of Swissport Tanzania. The remaining 49% of the Company shares are held by public through Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE).